Welcome, Guest! You are not currently logged in. To comment on any book profile, please login. You do not need to register to make a purchase.
An Introduction to Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy
Other Books by this Author
Add To Cart Checkout
By Damian Hamill. This ebook is available in the following downloadable formats: pdf (for reading on PC or MAC), epub (iPad, Nook, and most ebook readers), mobi (Amazon Kindle).
In this introduction to the subject, experienced hypnotherapist and trainer Damian Hamill takes the reader on an exploration of the exciting fields of hypnosis and hypnotherapy.
Assuming no previous knowledge, Damian helps the reader to:
- Learn an empowering and respectful philosophy for helping people change with hypnosis
- Explore the fascinating History of Hypnosis and meet many of the pioneers going back centuries
- Find out why Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung both turned their backs on hypnosis (or thought they had!) and why they were wrong
- Discover what people actually experience when they access hypnosis and how these natural phenomena can be used for therapeutic ends
- Find out about natural hypnoidal states and how hypnosis surrounds us on a daily basis
- Investigate what factors influence individual hypnotic susceptibility and find out why what happens in a research laboratory is not necessarily the best guide to what happens in real life
- Examine a number of classic theories and 'explanations' for hypnosis
- Discover different styles for inducing hypnosis, deepening it and communicating with your client in trance
- Learn how to handle the unexpected and how to engage with clients in a supportive and respectful way
- Be introduced to a range of therapeutic approaches for utilising hypnosis for therapeutic change.
Written in a friendly and accessible style the reader will find the subject clearly explained and de-mystified and will be left with a thirst to find out more.